Friday, November 8, 2013

365 days alone.

after three too many martinis (the ultimate single girl cocktail) my girlfriend and I got in to discussing the stigma of being alone. men do things alone and are considered confident and mysterious. women do things alone and are considered, well, lonely. this got me thinking. why do I have to be one half of a couple to do all of the things I want to do? why can't I just go do those things alone?

thus is born this sweet little blog. I will spend the next 365 days going it alone. I will become my own couple. I will do something alone once a week -- movies, dinner, games, trips -- you name it, I'm doing it.

martini cheers to the next 365 days of being my own favorite sidekick!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to a good dose of solosam entertainment in the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im right there with you! I have vowed to stay single for 164 more days! (6 months as on Nov 1st...also will be my 29th b day! Ugh)

    ReplyDelete